Dear Colleagues

I must apologise for the incorrect link in my original email.  I attach the email again with the correct link.

Very sorry

Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan

From: Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan
Sent: 27 October 2010 7:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Can you contribute to impact measurement for the archives sector?

Dear Colleague

We are asking for your assistance to undertake major research into the impact of capital investment in archive services by completing a survey on the impact of capital investment in archive services.

Archives have always struggled to attract the level of investment that other cultural and heritage services enjoy. Yet a properly funded service can have major contributions to the organisation and wider community.  Unfortunately to date there has no structured research into the effect of capital investment.  As a result it has been very difficult for archive services to put forward a well-evidenced case for such funding.  It is hoped that this research will provide the evidential and strategic basis for future funding, particularly in these difficult economic times.

The research will have three phases – a national online survey, a focus group analysis and case studies.  We are asking for your help in completing the online survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PBDKXNK) for any capital investment projects worth more than £5000 that involved your archive service.  The survey is now open and will close at midnight on 5 December 2010.

The value of this research is already being appreciated.  The Archives and Records Association is providing a large proportion of the funding alongside funding from University College London and Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan Associates Ltd.  There have also been strong expressions of interest from archive professionals and related bodies such as the Heritage Lottery Fund.  Please help us to make it a success.

With regards

Andrew Flinn, Director,  Senior Lecturer & Director of MA in Archives and Records Management, Department of Information Studies, University College London

Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan, Consultant Archivist

The survey can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PBDKXNK.  It will be open until midnight on 5 December 2010.  If you have any questions please contact Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan, 01939 234289, [log in to unmask]

Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan, M.Sc. RMSA

Director & Consultant Archivist

Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan Associates Ltd

Tel/fax 01939 234289