There are discussions in one of my parent authorities about the possibility of a Community Interest Company for cultural services. I would be very interested to hear from any colleagues who have direct experience of these bodies and how they work, particularly in the context of archive services (if anyone has such experience including a shared service, that would really be icing on the cake….)

Many thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Pepler

County Archivist, Cheshire Shared Services
Cheshire Record Office
Duke Street
Chester CH1 1RL

Tel: 01244 973391
Email: [log in to unmask]

Note: This E-Mail is intended for the addressee only and may include
confidential information.

Unauthorised recipients are requested to please advise the sender immediately
by telephone and then delete the message without copying or storing it or
disclosing its contents to any other person.

We have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are
transmitted from the Authority to any third party. Copyright in this
e-mail and attachments created by us unless stated to the contrary belongs to the Council.

Any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any party acting,
or refraining from acting on any information contained in this e mail is
hereby excluded.

Should you communicate with anyone at the Council by e-mail,
you consent to us monitoring and reading any such correspondence.

Printing this email? Please think environmentally and only print when essential!