Hallo,

Good question. Though not an abstruse epidemiological expert as you seem to
be, my gut feeling - abstract or theoretical - reflex to your question is
nay, however depending on individual infectious diseases on a case-by-case
basis it may be a decent proxy.

HTH?

Best wishes,

William Stanbury.

On 9 October 2010 13:00, Humphrey Misiri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear All,
> The force of infection is the per capita rate of infection,the
> instantaneous incidence rate of infection .
> Can the estimate of the force of infection be used as estimated incidence
> rate?
> Please take note of the word ínstantaneous'.
> Waiting for responses
> --
> H.E.  Misiri
> University of Oslo
> Institute of Basic Medical Sciences
> Department of Biostatistics
> P.O. Box 1122,
> Blindern.
> 0317 Oslo.
> Norway.
>
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>
> College of Medicine
> University of Malawi
> Private Bag 360
> Chichiri
> Blantyre3.
> Malawi.
> Websites:
> http://www.medcol.mw/http://www.unima.mw/downloads/stafflist2010.pdf
>
> You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
>
> SIGNOFF allstat
>
> to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.

SIGNOFF allstat