Hi Taline,

I suspect  its not exactly what you are looking for but you might be interested in a presentation I gave at our ‘Building Bridges’ conference in Newcastle in 2009.  Its entitled ‘Towards a common framework for measuring benefits’ and explores the potential for applying LEAN principles to records management – both in terms of how RM can contribute to improving processes and reducing waste, but also asking how LEAN RM itself may or may not be..

The presentation is available from http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/events/buildingbridges/presentations (its the last on the list).  Unfortunately its just the slides as I tend to make the actual presentation up on the hoof but might just give you an idea of what I was trying to say.

My interest in LEAN and RM stemmed from research into ways of empirically measuring the impact of RM whilst developing our Impact Calculator.  Though this tool isn’t itself a tool to help you achieve LEAN processes, the fact that it takes a process-centric approach to benefits measurement and allows you to isolate the contribution that improved RM has made to process improvement certainly means that it is in keeping with the overall LEAN aims and objectives.

Hope you find this of use.

Best wishes

Steve

Steve Bailey

Senior Adviser (Records Management)

JISC infoNet

Northumbria University

Room 303, Hadrian House

Higham Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AF

Tel: 07092 302850

Fax: + 44 (0) 191 243 8469

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk