CILIP Training & Development are pleased to announce our October 2010 courses.

Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.

Strategic thinking and planning for workplace LIS staff
6 October 2010, London
It's much easier to attend to operational tasks, meeting short term goals than it is to think and plan strategically. This one-day course will provide you with the tools and techniques to help set a direction, planning long term goals and thinking and working more strategically.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
*Laying the foundations for the strategy
*Visioning the strategy
*Executing the strategy

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/strategic-thinking-planning-workplace-lis-staff.aspx

Shaping the library's future: tools for innovation
12 October 2010, London
Our success in shaping our future will depend on improving our skills in innovative thinking!
This course provides a toolkit of creative techniques such as force field analysis, brainstorming, De Bono's 6 hats, creative swiping, visualisation and breakthrough thinking as ways to explore and evaluate ideas, translating them into practical actions.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
*Creativity techniques
*Working with others to encourage innovation
*Evaluating ideas

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/shaping-librarys-future.aspx

Practical project management for LIS staff
19-20 October 2010, London
Learn the general principles and techniques of good project management and apply these to real workplace projects within the library and information field. Confidently manage your project budget, your project team and understand risk assessment and management.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
*The stages of project management
*Costing projects, budgeting and cashflow management
*Identifying problems and implementing solutions

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/practical-project-management-lis-staff.aspx

Managing the library budget
28 October 2010, London
Gain the knowledge, tools and confidence to manage your library's budget - understand cost centres, cashflow forecasts, financial management reporting, variance analysis and learn the corrective measures to keep your budget on track.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
*Cashflow forecast
*Controlling expenditure
*Variance analysis

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/managing-library-budget.aspx

Don't forget all CILIP Members receive a 40% discount on all our training courses.
Browse all our courses online: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/default.aspx

Can't make it to our London training venue? Why not have our training brought to you with our Onsite training programme. Any of the above courses can be delivered direct to your workplace if you have 5 or more people with training needs.
Find out more:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/onsitetraining/pages/default.aspx