"Join One of the Progressive and Innovative Design Schools."

The School of Design and Human Engineering at UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology) is seeking highly qualified individuals to serve as Full-Time Tenure-Track Faculty for Industrial Design. The special areas for application are ‘Product Design,’ ‘UX/UI/Interaction Design,’ ‘Design Strategy/Management/Marketing,’ ‘Automobile/Yacht Design,’ ‘Affective design,’ ‘Human factors,’ ‘Engineering & System Design’ and etc..

The School of Design and Human Engineering has a unique program integrating three disciplines; Integrated Industrial Design, Engineering System Design and Affective & Human Factors Engineering. They are closely collaborating in education and research. Inter-school collaboration in UNIST is active and we are actively pursuing global cooperation with international industrial and academic partners. We are aiming at becoming one of world’s top-class design schools realizing multi-disciplinary design research and practice.

Successful applicants will:
teach a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester,
supervise Masters and Ph.D theses,
run their own laboratories,
carry on diverse industry and government projects,
teach a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester,
engage in research and publication,
and, actively work with colleagues to shape the direction of this emerging school,

Compensation and benefits for successful applicants are below;
- Annual salaries for Associate Professor: USD 70,000 - 80,000, for Assistant Professor: USD 60,000 - 70,000.
- Settlement research fund: USD 30,000.
- Laboratory settlement fund: USD 100,000.
- Relocation expense: USD 10,000.
- A rented faculty apartment.

Requirements:
Ph.D. or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline or outstanding achievement in design field
Outstanding research and teaching skills
Fluency in both written and spoken English (courses run in English)
Good teamwork, multi-disciplinary approach and strong interpersonal skills
Pioneering spirit

Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the positions are filled. If you are interested in the positions, please upload a letter of application, C.V., research plan, and representative research papers through the application site: http://www.unist.ac.kr/invite/pro/eng/invite_proeng_main.jsp.

SeonHee Jung
Head, School of Design and Human Engineering
+82 52 217 2712

General Information
UNIST has been founded with the aim of becoming not only one of South Korea’s most prominent national universities but also one of the leading global universities in science and technology. It is located in Ulsan, a metropolitan city, where Korea’s leading industries, including automotive, ship building and petrochemical, are clustered. Being located in the capital of Korean industry, UNIST is realizing its potential and is emerging as a hub of industry-academic cooperation in advanced technologies.
Since our top-class, eco-friendly campus was opened in March 2009, UNIST has been carving out a niche for itself as a world leading university in science and technology. We are achieving this through the education of exceptional students – top 3% of students at entrance level- and by focusing on advanced and interdisciplinary research, particularly in the area of “green” technologies.
We are executing campus-wide English-only classes and adopting various criteria to recruit distinctive and creative students from around the world. We are certain that the advanced curriculum and discussion-oriented lectures offered at UNIST will help to best develop the abilities of all our students.
In addition, we are currently establishing strong partnership programs with a number of prestigious foreign and domestic institutions to promote UNIST’s education and research activities.
UNIST is cultivating global leaders who will lead society, industry and the academic world, and is creating innovative theories and cutting-edge technologies that will greatly impact the future of mankind.
http//www.unist.ac.kr