Hi CRUMB list

Our apologies for the notices and announcements on the list of late.

As you know, with our smaller team at the moment Beryl and I are
changing the discussion months on the list, so the next CRUMB
organised themes will be:
OCT/Nov 2010 (curating online / using online materials...)
then FEB/Mar 2011 (a collaboration with Ele Carpenter from
Goldsmith's MA Curating course...)
and MAY/June 2011

please do email us with requests to 'guest host' themes that you are
particularly interested in for the other active months of the year,
starting with
feel free to just start a thread!

Meantime, as it is summer holidays, why not share your latest
favourite book reviews?

I've really been enjoying reading Cautionary Tales: Critical
Curating, edited by Steven Rand and Heather Kouris and published by
Apex Art. The contributions, from the likes of David Levi Strauss and
Kate Fowle are all eminently sensible and useful to aspiring
curators. I can't believe it's been out since 2007 and only just got
to the top of my to-read pile!

I'm also planning on heaving the summer issue of ArtForum with me to
the beach, to read all the 'Museum Revisited' articles. I noticed
that Hans Ulrich Obrist cites Lyotard's exhibition Les Immateriaux as
an example of 'exhibition as database'.
http://www.artforum.com/inprint/
http://www.artforum.com/inprint/issue=201006&id=25686

happy travels,