Akour, Hassan, Ph.D., Oklahoma State University, 2010 , 379 pages; AAT 3408682

Abstract (Summary)

Scope and method of study.

The purpose of this study was to investigate the determinants of mobile learning acceptance in higher education. Mobile learning is a rapidly growing method of learning that utilizes mobile devices to deliver content. Acceptance of mobile learning theory was derived from technology acceptance theories. The study developed a new model Mobile Learning Acceptance Model (MLAM) that extended the Technology Acceptance Model (TAM). The model explains the important factors that influence acceptance of mobile learning among university students. The population of the survey was limited to freshman students; this population was chosen because the literature indicated a presence of large technology literacy gap (techno-literacy gap) between universities and the new generation of students. Response rate was high at approximately 95%.

[more]

Source And Access To Fulltext Available At

[ http://bit.ly/d7SvBo ]

Also >

Facilitating communication for deaf individuals with mobile technologies  / Summet, Valerie Henderson, Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010, 175 pages; AAT 3414524

[ http://bit.ly/deYj8H ]

e-JOY !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

Follow Me On Twitter > http://twitter.com/GMcKBlogs

" !!! Our Minds Must Not Be Confined Nor Defined By Our Place Or Time Or Technology !!! "

[ http://bit.ly/cQWU8U ]