Terry, all,

Bucknell, Terry wrote:
 > [...]
> We might change our links now (well as soon as that Wiley spreadsheet
> is comprehensive) to be based on the journal DOI, as Wiley's new
> links are, but pointing to dx.doi.org (e.g.
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/(ISSN)1365-2648 for Journal of Advanced
> Nursing). These links should continue to work throughout the
> migration process. After the new site is live we could do a simple
> global update to change dx.doi.org to onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal
> if we wanted to.

Interesting, this is the second time I notice DOI assignment on journal
level. Does anyone know if these DOIs are supposed to identify the
abstract journal entity, i.e. will they resolve another homepage if the
journal is transferred to a new publisher?

BTW: The dx.doi.org links may also redirect users to the service menu of
a link resolver in case the CookiePusher mechanism is used, see
http://www.doi.org/doi_proxy/appropriate_copy.html. This can be avoided
by setting the nols flag, e.g.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/(ISSN)1365-2648?nols=y

inga

--
Inga Overkamp                       E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
                                            Tel: +49-89-38602-231