Hey Chude!
I was wondering if you would be prepared to forward to staff
notification of a conference we are organising in St Andrews next month
in honour of Sir David Hendry.

Thanks,
Rod.

Roderick McCrorie wrote:

I thought I would write to you in advance of a general circular going
out tomorrow about a conference that is being hosted next month in St
Andrews.  The Scottish Institute for Reseach in Economics, the Royal
Economic Society and the University of St Andrews are combining to host
a conference in Scotland to recognise the career achievements of Sir
David Hendry, after his knighthood for services to social science in the
2009 UK Birthday Honours list.

The conference will run for two days, Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd July
(mid-afternoon) and the keynote speakers will be:- David himself, Robert
Engle, Soren Johansen, Katarina Juselius and Halbert White.  If you are
interested in attending, please visit the online shop, where a booking
can be made, at:-

https://onlineshop.st-andrews.ac.uk

and look for the DFH icon under "conferences".

The conference fee includes two nights' accommodation (Wednesday 21st
and Thursday 22nd) in the premium hall of residence in St Andrews, and
many people are also staying for at least one extra night.  Also, there
will be informality around the conference and some people are also
bringing spouses and partners and are having a short break in Scotland.
And last but not least, there will be a jazz band at the conference
dinner, led by Hal White on the trumpet.

If you would like to attend the conference, you can make a booking
through the online shop *up to and including Friday 9th July*.  There
are a couple of slots left for contributed talks and we are also having
a poster session.  If you'd like to give a contributed talk or present a
paper at the poster session, please additionally e-mail
[log in to unmask] with at least a title and abstract, and
preferably a paper.  All conference enquiries should be directed to:-

ATB,
Rod.

University of St Andrews Webmail: https://webmail.st-andrews.ac.uk

CHUDE: Conference of Heads of University Departments of Economics

Webpages: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/chude and http://www.res.org.uk/society/chude.asp

Date of next meeting: Saturday 6th November 2010, University College London