Please note this advert will NOT be published in ARC recruitment.

ARCHIVE ASSISTANT
BOOTS UK, NOTTINGHAM
Salary £16,500

Boots is one of the most familiar and trusted stores on the UK high street, with an archive collection spanning four centuries!

The company archive has been operational for over 10 years and contains a diverse collection of documentation, audio-visual/electronic records and museum objects illustrating our 160 years of trading - firstly as a herbalist and latterly as chemists, healthcare and beauty retailers. Our small team of archivists and records managers provide a fully integrated business archive and records management service at Boots support office in Nottingham for our commercial, new product development, legal, trademarks and public relations teams.

If you are interested in a broad introduction to the world of business archives and records management why not apply for our annual training position as Archive Assistant (12 month contract). You will get good practical exposure to a full range of professional activities while experiencing working life in a dynamic and successful records team.

The post-holder should be a graduate (or about to graduate) with an interest in pursuing a career in archives/records management.

For an informal chat about the post please call Sophie Clapp (company archivist) on 0115 9594414 or Kate Watson (our current trainee) on 0115 959 3038.

Closing date for applications is 30th June 2010. Please send your c.v. and covering letter to [log in to unmask]. Interviews will be held w/c 12th July. The placement will start September 2010.

Kate Watson
Archive Assistant - Business Services & Operational Purchasing Centre
Group Procurement GNFR
D122 Corporate Record Centre & Archives, Thane Road, Nottingham, United Kingdom, NG90 1XY
+44 (0)115 959 3038, Internal 723038

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now. For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]