Von: Helmut Laufs <[log in to unmask]>
An: [log in to unmask]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, den 12. Mai 2010, 10:27:22 Uhr
Betreff: [SPM] VOI for DCM

  Dear DCMers, dear Klaas,

We are about to set up a DCM analysis based on SPM[5]-analyses in which we have modeled the HRF and its temporal derivative. Consistently, we find our hypothesized activated region[s] in the t-contrast for the temporal derivative (but not the HRF). I know there are at least two views on modeling HRF +dHRF/dt and how to assess results (one is to assume the derivative as a confound and just look at the HRF, another to look at F{HRF+TD}, or look at each, the HRF and the derivative etc.).

The two Qs are:
1 (theoretical): As much as DCM is concerned: would it be justified to feed VOI time courses obtained from the dHRF/dt-contrast?

2 (practical): What VOI extraction method should we use (SPM5: what button, what adjustment etc)?

Thanks.

Bw,

Helmut