Dear Christian Gaser,

I did get the raw volumes directly from the text file. Here I made a table
of comparison of GM/WM/CSF volumes betweenVBM5 and VBM8. Attached please
find the file for reference. Actually, one may detect by eye in the figure I
attached previously that the GM volumes is  different between VBM5 and vbm8.

With regard to the density I mentioned in MRIcro, I asked the question since
it looks a bit strange in WM segmentation of VBM8: the white matter near
frontal pole have a high density(lighter), while those of corpus callosum
seems to have a lower density(dimmer). It may be not very reasonable, as
corpus collosum should have higher density, at least than white matter in
frontal pole? One additional problem i just find is that the WM segmentation
image is strip-like in VBM8. Is this normal The one in VBM5 dosen't have it,
as it is all white. This may not be due to movement, as young subject
usually keep quiet during scanning.  The data was collected in 3T Philips
scanner, with 1*1*1.5 mm resolution. I may need to try all the rest subjects
to see where the differences are by chance, though it seems more like a
systemic one.

With a clinical background, i am not familiar at all with those technique
things.  What I'd like to know is which one, VBM5 or VBM8 is more reliable,
so that I may follow it. Thanks very much again for your further explanation
in advance.

Best wishes,
Gao