From: Media, Communications & Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) - Policy Network on behalf of Natalie Fenton
Sent: Thu 5/13/2010 12:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MECCSA-POLICY] FW: Re-shaping Today's BBC for Tomorrow - BBC Chairman Speaks to Licence Fee Payers

Hi Maire,

I think the ICT policy focus is a good and interesting one. Christian
Fuch's work on this is very interesting - maybe we should hold a Policy
Network event and ask him to come to speak to us? We could approach him and
see if he is passing through London at any point in the near future or
request some MeCCSa funds to bring him here?

Natalie

--On 12 May 2010 23:41 +0100 Messenger Davies Maire
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Some members of the list will already know about this forthcoming
> meeting, but others may not - and may be interested in going to this
> event.
>
> There's also been some interest in having a policy meeting in response to
> Christian Fuchs' long email about ICT policies post election. Could
> people say whether they would be interested in taking this forward?
>
> Jonathan (Breckon) - might it be something you/the AHRC would be
> interested in?
>
> best
>
> Máire
>
> Professor Máire Messenger Davies, PhD, FRSA
> Director, Centre for Media Research,
> School of Media, Film and Journalism
> University of Ulster
> Cromore Rd, Coleraine BT52 1SA
> Telephone: +44(0)28324069
> www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/media/cmr.html
> NEW BOOK OUT - http://www.openup.co.uk/children_media

Natalie Fenton
Department of Media and Communications
Goldsmiths College
University of London
New Cross
London
SE14 6NW

Tel: + 44(0)20 79197620 (direct line)
email: [log in to unmask]

Please visit this page to browse list's archives, or to join or leave the list.