In recent months, there has been a sometimes heated debate about the
direction of SMART Recovery in the UK.  The Trustees are considering an
approach to partnership with the treatment sector that would work to help
build the SMART Recovery movement but maintain the central importance of
peer led meetings.

The relevance to rehabs is that the proposed model would allow providers to
help build a substantial after-care resource, for minimal input of time or
money.

A consultation document with outline proposals has now been published and is
on http://www.smartrecovery.org.uk, along with a link to an online
questionnaire. I am helping coordinate the consultation process on behalf of
the board, feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss
this. I am particularly interested in building up a list of providers who
are 'in principle' interested in partnership - so we can consult in more
detail later in the process.

Many regards

Richard

Richard Phillips