Good day, all!

On communion in both kinds, I quote the Council of Trent, Canon I
of Session 21, held 16 July 1562:

Si quis dixerit, ex Dei praecepto vel necessitate salutis omnes et singulos
Christi fideles utramque speciem sanctissimi Eucharistiae sacramenti
sumere debere:  anathema sit.

If anyone says that, by the precept of God, or by necessity of salvation,
all and each of the faithful of Christ ought to receive both species of the
most holy sacrament of the Eucharist:  let him be anathema.

Canons II and III of that session are also of interest in this matter.

Several requests to commune in both kinds had been received by the
Council.  In a paragraph appended to the canons, the Council reserved
discussion on this matter to another time.  That time was, of course,
Vatican II.

Don't know if this clarifies or muddies the issue.

Regards,
Frank

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]