Yes, Brenda, I do remember that! I recall your wonderful report on your trip, with all the photos.

I suspect his remains are in quite a few places, sort of like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz after he got torn up by the flying monkeys.

Same thing with Napoleon, I understand!

Steve

From: Ms B M Cook <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, April 22, 2010 2:21:38 PM
Subject: Re: [M-R] Anniversary of Peter Abelard

But you do know, don't you, that his relics are in the museum at Le Pallet ? A whole room there is devoted to the town's Greatest Son (and his lady). I was there for the Translation a few years back and think I reported the event to this List.

Brenda,
Independent Scholar and (hopefully) Astralabe's biographer.