Hi Roy,
This is exactly what I fear as well and why I am interested in seeing what kind of information is out there and how it is being interpreted. So far, not so encouraging.

Lilli

From: Roy Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 31 March, 2010 17:14:42
Subject: more on the VBS and registration

Hello Everyone,

I'm a freelancer, so I've been asking slightly different questions of the ISA.  As far as I can tell I do not need to be registered (see the reply and question below).

However, most schools and organisations that I work for insist on seeing a CRB 'certificate' (yes, it has been called that).  Some insist on having one done by their organisation, it costs me £36 each time, but many others will accept the sight of any 'certificate' no matter how old.  Only last week I was almost refused entry to a school I had worked in before, because I did not have a 'certificate' with me.

I suspect that schools and other organisations will seize on the VBS 'number' as something they need, to show they are doing their job.

Any thoughts?
regards,
Roy

Roy Lawson
freelance heritage educator
mobile: 07960 125218     e-mail: [log in to unmask]

What I'm currently doing:
- http://roy-at-work.blogspot.com/

Hadrian's Wall - Campaign! Make an Impact project