Re: Was Marx; Is Hamilton “Lars-Håkan Svensson”, that is.  --TH

On 3/24/10 2:27 PM, "Thomas L Herron" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hear hear!

Andrew was a poet, but never knew it
Till he picked up Bertie’s tome, and went right to it.

To be serious, I owe that book a huge amount.  I visited Lars Håkan-Svensson in Lund, once, and after chastising me (rightly, but gently) for not having read enough Harry Berger, noted that he was conscripted as an outside reader for an article submission on Spenser.  He rejected it because it hadn’t cited the SpEnc as a basic source on the topic.  I’ve been very careful (most certainly not careful enough) ever since!

--Tom

Ps  If Lars is reading this, please correct me again if I’m wrong.