Not broken, thankfully - just very badly bruised :)

-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on public engagement with science on behalf of Colin Stuart
Sent: Tue 23/03/2010 19:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Science communication internship

I have to agree with Kat (who I hear has a broken arm, get well soon!)

There are plenty of opportunities out there for people who really want to get ahead. Like Kat, I wrote for articles for free, did a stint on hospital radio and many other little things on top of other paid work in order to build up the CV which then opened other doors.

There might be an argument for the media containing some people who could afford to be unpaid lackeys but surely the media also contains those who wanted it badly enough that they just put in extra work in order to achieve their goals?

Colin Stuart

Freelance science communicator, writer and broadcaster
Freelance astronomer working for the Royal Observatory, Greenwich
Website: http://www.colinstuart.net
Twitter: @skyponderer