Hi All
Thought I better add my plug too. I set up Pulse Project a few years ago to promote science online through video and audio. I was originally interested in recording lectures that would be missed otherwise. As we grew I became more interested in making the recordings the best quality. I have seen so many recordings that people wont watch as they are poor in quality. We are still growing but are trying to do the best with little or no Budget at at all.
An example of a video lecture that we recorded is Marcus Du Satouy http://pulse-project.org/node/31

We also recorded the opening of the science festival last year in oxford http://pulse-project.org/node/140
This is an example of an interview that is gong to be part of a documentary (Ben Goldacre) http://pulse-project.org/node/147
This is our attempt to capture the 10.23 event in Oxford http://pulse-project.org/node/185

We are currently recording and producing about five documentaries about various aspects of Science. The other half of our work has been recording the audio of history of medicine lectures and then editing the powerpoint's to them http://pulse-project.org/node/139

We are trying a weekly podcast about news stories but it is not the highest quality work we have, it is a project that is growing. This is recorded over Skype with an Iphone and a Mac 20 Miles away from each other.
I have found people will record a lecture with a cheap stationary camera and think that this is good enough for multimedia online engagement. I also teach A level and had a student talk about how much they love cosmos, a show made long before they were born. It goes to show that quality will stand the test of time.
If anybody has some projects they would like help with I am more than happy to help.

Colin

Colin Murphy
07919486483
Join us on Twitter www.twitter.com/pulseproject