The perennial problem

We have a (very charming) reader whose personal hygiene has started to generate complaints. I know it's an old problem and there's never going to be an easy of dealing with it but I'd thought I'd ask if anyone has found any fool-proof method of dealing with the issue.  Does a letter work better than a quiet word (difficult to achieve discreetly in a busy library)?  We have identified a day centre nearby with washing facilities though the reader may already be aware of it.  Anyway, your thoughts and advice gratefully received, either offlist or on (useful advice will be summarised for the list)

Nicky Smith
Reference Librarian,
Marylebone Information Service,
97-113 Marylebone Road
NW1 5PS
Tel: 020 7641 1031
Fax: 020 7641 1028
E-mail [log in to unmask]

Westminster City Council switchboard: +44 20 7641 6000
www.westminster.gov.uk
This E-Mail may contain information which is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail or any part of it, please telephone Westminster City Council immediately on receipt.
You should not disclose the contents to any other person or take copies.