Are your usernames distinct in the two trees?

From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Russell Morriss
Sent: 12 March 2010 11:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Multiple domain LDAP querying - JASIG CAS Shib 2.0 idp

Hello everyone,

I have searched the so far discussed aspects of LDAP (Active Directory)
authentication for shibboleth but haven't encountered the same issue we
appear to be having.

We have two separate domains for staff and student, we too have followed the
excellent installation instructions from Nottingham trent utilising JASIG
CAS and a separate SQL server database for attribute storage. (Shib 2.0 idp)

http://shibsp.ntu.ac.uk/confluence/display/SHIB2/Windows+IdP+installation

The problem I have encountered is that for one reason or another outside of
my control we don't have a global catalogue (:3268) that I can query using
one account for binding. At the moment I can only configure it to bind to
one or the other, also by querying on userPrincipalName we either have a
.staff.x or a .student.x

Could anyone suggest how I could query two different LDAP servers with a
common set of credentials in such a case, or alternatively how the JASIG CAS
configuration could be amended to use two sets of credentials to query two
LDAP servers?

I appreciate this may be a network configuration issue so any guidance on
adjusting our current setup to accommodate Shib would also be welcomed as I
can forward these recommendations on to our network administrator.

Any responses on or off list appreciated.

Thanks,

Russell Morriss

Web Services Manager

Redbridge College

Little Heath, Barley Lane, Romford, RM6 4XT

Tel: 020 8548 7420

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.redbridge-college.ac.uk <http://www.redbridge-college.ac.uk/>

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not
necessarily of Redbridge College. The information contained in this message
or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from Redbridge
College may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be
secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Please rely on
your own virus checker and procedures with regard to any attachment to this
message.

This email has been scanned for viruses by the Email Protection Agency.
For more information please visit http://www.epagency.net