________________________________

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Wardle
Sent: 23 March 2010 13:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bronze Age dates query

Helen,

 That's interesting. 'Cos here's where we see that the City HER and the
County HER had similar origins (probably being split in '97). So the
City HER has the same quirk.

Only in my case I would also like to address the fact that 'Early
Medieval' is a sub-period post 1066, rather than a period in it's own
right; 410-1066 (For those who missed it this is what Richard Buckley
was going on about last week).

Chris

>>> Helen Wells <[log in to unmask]> 23/03/2010 11:41 >>>
Hello everyone,

I just noticed that my Bronze Age start date and my Early Bronze Age
start date don't match - the EBA starts in 2350BC but the Bronze Age
starts in 2500BC.  Presumably the EBA is supposed to start in 2500BC?
My data has a weird gap!!

If I change that date (assuming that it's supposed to be 2500BC) then
can I get HBSMR to alter all the dates that were entered as 'Early
Bronze Age' to change to the new 2500BC date instead of 2350BC?

Aargh..!

Helen Wells
Assistant Planning Archaeologist/Historic Environment Record Officer
Leicestershire County Council
http://www.leics.gov.uk/historic_natural_environment_archaeology

_______________________________________

Leicestershire County Council - rated a  'four-star' council by the
Audit Commission - Council of the Year 2009
_______________________________________

Important notice: Leicestershire County Council is changing its personal
e-mail address format. Please ensure that any personal Leicestershire
County Council e-mail addresses you hold are updated as soon as possible
so that your e-mails continue to be delivered correctly. Group e-mail
addresses such as [log in to unmask] are not changing.
_______________________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage,
disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail
is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply
function and then permanently delete what you have received.
Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with Leicestershire County Council's policy on the use of
electronic communications.   The contents of e-mails may have to be
disclosed to a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the
Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of the Leicestershire County Council.
Attachments to e-mail messages may contain viruses that may damage your
system. Whilst Leicestershire County Council has taken every reasonable
precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any
damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised
to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

DISCLAIMER: This email and files transmitted are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose,
distribute or use it in any unauthorised manner.  If you
have received this email in error please notify us by
email to [log in to unmask] and then delete
it and any attachments accompanying it.  Please note that
Wolverhampton City Council cannot guarantee that this
message or any attachments are virus free or have not been
intercepted and amended.
Any views or opinions expressed within this email are
those of the author and may not necessarily reflect those
of Wolverhampton City Council and no contractual
arrangement is intended to arise from this communication.