It may be worth reading this web page from the Australian National University  http://www.anu.edu.au/disabilities/atproject/voice_recognition/usingvr4exams.php it is slightly out of date but what is said still seems to make sense.

The student’s voice may change under stress, the university may not let the student use his own laptop – both have implications for success.   Hope this helps.

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan

Learning Societies Lab,

ECS, University of Southampton,