To continue the thread on old mine shafts which I know was some time
ago, I post two web links where incidents, both in Scotland have led to
fatalities. The second of the BBC links was some time ago but I think
goes to remind us that they remain a very real risk! What are the odds
of walking home from a night out and loosing your life caused by some
relic feature of our industrial heritage? 1000000:1 or thereabouts!
Maybe someone can work it out?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8545876.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7512905.stm

Regards,

RMack

Robin Mackenzie

Contaminated Land Co-ordinator

Environment Service

Perth and Kinross Council

Pullar House

35 Kinnoull Street

PERTH

PH1 5GD

Mob: 07810057566

Tel Direct Dial: 01738 476443

Fax: 01738 476410

Securing the future... - Improving services - Enhancing quality
of life - Making best use of public resources.

The information in this email is solely for the intended
recipients.

If you are not an intended recipient, you must not disclose,
copy, or distribute its contents or use them in any way: please
advise the sender immediately and delete this email.

Perth & Kinross Council does not warrant that this email or any
attachments are virus-free and does not accept any liability for
any loss or damage resulting from any virus infection. Perth &
Kinross Council may monitor or examine any emails received by
its
email system.

The information contained in this email may not be the views of
Perth & Kinross Council. It is possible for email to be falsified
and the sender cannot be held responsible for the integrity of
the information contained in it.

Requests to Perth & Kinross Council under the Freedom of
Information (Scotland) Act should be directed to the Freedom of
Information Team - email: [log in to unmask]

General enquiries should be made to [log in to unmask] or
01738
475000.