I use yahoo pipes for this, but it might be over complex. I would also try to pursued the staff member to think more deeply about the reason for adding RSS. Just to give a feel of ‘newness’ is unfortunately not enough. Build it into face to face sessions and/or assignment activity, or at least some instructions to the students about what they are looking at and what they should do with it.

Jim turner ljmu

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CLAY Gary M
Sent: 04 March 2010 16:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RSS in Blackboard

Can anyone provide advice, pointers, building block ideas, etc that might be useful in respect of the query from  a colleague below?

I was hoping to use RSS as part of my course  as a test to see if it improves activity in Blackboard.

Alternatively, if Blackboard had a customisable view of activity in a resource - that would be good too.

Ideally - if people can see that things are happening then they may be more inclinced to come back to look for 'newness'  and/or do something as a response.

Gary Clay

Learning Development Manager

Learning Development and Innovation

Staffordshire University

Beaconside Campus

Stafford ST18 0AD

Telephone +44 (0) 1785 353648

e-mail [log in to unmask]

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.