(apologies for cross-posting)

I would like to announce the release of CAST 4.1. Changes from release
4.0 are a new agricultural experiments e-book and improvements to the
industrial experiments e-book.

CAST is a free resource for teaching statistics that makes extensive
use of dynamic diagrams (applets) to teach statistical concepts. It
has a practical focus and contains:

Three introductory statistics e-books for self-study with about 450
applets each (biometrics, business and general).
Three advanced e-books about multiple regression & GLMs (265 applets),
experimental design for agriculture & biology (168 applets) and
industrial experiments (95 applets).
A set of about 100 introductory exercises whose questions have random
aspects and that give feedback about mistakes. (The exercises have
various formats -- not just multiple choice.)

The introductory applets are also provided as a separate collection of
larger diagrams for use in lectures -- most lecture courses would
benefit from use of some of these applets.

CAST is freely available under a Creative Commons licence. It can be
used directly from:
    http://cast.massey.ac.nz
However to reduce load on our server, we would prefer it to be
downloaded onto a local hard disk or server and run from there. (Click
the Download tab in the main CAST page for information.)

Doug Stirling                Email: [log in to unmask]
Institute of Fundamental Sciences
Massey University            Ph:    (64)-6-350-5799, ext 2481
Palmerston North 4442        Fax:   (64)-6-350-5682
New Zealand

SIGNOFF allstat