That's a very good idea.  People and jobs come and go and its difficult to keep track, so an automated group like jiscmail is ideal to keep in touch if there's a wide interest, which there seems to be.

I've set up Jiscmail groups in the past, I think I was even one of the first three founder members of this group when it was a private list, through its gravitation first to mailbase then to Jiscmail.  (The late Rae Mitchell at Aston was the prime instigator to whom we owe an enormous debt of gratitude as it has been very useful over the years.)

There's virtually no traffic on my only current jiscmail list, ADMIN-ELQ, but I am set up as a list owner with Jiscmail so two is just as much work as one.  So rather than burden Ali, the list-owner of this one, where there is quite a bit of traffic, I am happy to volunteer to set this one if that would be popular?

Suggested terms:

Name:  ADMIN-BUSINESS-INTELLIGENCE

Description: to discuss from a non-technical point of view issues about the use of Business Intelligence tools, and related topics such as data warehousing, in providing corporate and strategic management information within universities and colleges

Need to make it clear it's not a forum for RDBMS technobabble I think and aimed at users and strategic planners/analystsAny thoughts? Amendments?    Anyone else prefer to do it?  It takes a few days to get it running if we go ahead.

Kind regards

Mike

Mike Milne-Picken
Academic Registrar