I have been passed a large pile of old staff mobile phone bills by our IT
Manager for retention or destruction. The top copy of each (ie the invoice
with details of the amount due for payment) is passed by him to the accounts
team to process but I can find nothing in our retention schedule - or the JISC
model retention schedule - regarding any requirement to keep the records of
individual calls made for a set amount of time.

Is this correct? If there is no regulatory reason to keep these I would be
interested in how long different institutions retain these records.

Many thanks,

Jenny Ulph