Postgraduate funding opportunities at the University of Aberdeen Please find attached details of postgraduate funding opportunities at the University of Aberdeen.
The Univeristy is offering funding for postgraduate students interested in pursuing research on the topic of 'Translating Cultures: Literature, Music and the Arts in a World Context', a four year interdisciplinary project that sets out to explore how the arts matter in an age of globalization. Through a series of case studies that take up the theme of 'translating cultures' from a variety of perspectives and with regard to different geopolitical constellations, this project seeks to illuminate the ways in which the arts play a significant role in contemporary societies.

We invite applications from students from a wide range of humanities and social science disciplines, including those interested in pursuing practice-based PhDs in Music, and Film and Visual Culture. Candidates interested in joining the project who do not yet have a masters degree, can apply for funding to take one of our research preparation masters: the MLitt in Comparative Literature or the MLitt in Visual Culture.

Closing date: Friday 23 April (for applications to start in 2010)

For more information visit
www.abdn.ac.uk/cass/graduate/funding/research/translating-cultures

Simon Ward
-