From: B.Ferguson
Sent: 16 February 2010 15:52
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Cc: B.Ferguson; Matthew Slowe
Subject: New Analyst post at the University of Kent

Dear all

Apologies for cross posting.

We have a new Analyst post at the University of Kent- the details are as follows:

Ref                         OTR0169

Location               Canterbury

Job Type              Technical

Contract Type    Fixed Term

Salary Type         Per Annum

Salary ()             25001 - 28983

Closing date: *28 Feb 2010*

*The Role*

The University is undertaking a 15 month project, funded by the JISC, to explore Logins for Life. The project is a collaboration between the Information Services Directorate and the School of Computing.

The post holder will perform much of the initial analysis and then in collaboration with colleagues from the School of Computing will build and test a demonstration system. The post holder will also be required to contribute to the project via the production of appropriate reports and feedback as required by JISC.

*The Person*

You will hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, however candidates with other qualifications may be considered if their experience is relevant.  Experience of software development, integration and maintenance and of project related work are all essential.  You will have a broad working knowledge of IT infrastructure including knowledge of one or more of the following:

    * Authentication and authorisation technologies

    * IT System Security

    * Web technology (apache, IIS)

    * Programming (C++, Java, perl, php)

    * Systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris)

For more information and to apply, please go to http://jobs.kent.ac.uk and search for Job Ref OTR0169

Many thanks,

Bonnie Ferguson

Web Development & Support Services Team