Apologies for cross posting - sent on behalf of SLA Europe Awards Chair

Do you know someone who you think is outstanding in the information profession?  Is that someone you?

Luckily, there is still time to nominate someone for this Award before the closing date of 28th February 2010.

The winner of the SLA Europe Information Professional Award 2010 receives an expenses-paid trip to the SLA Conference in New Orleans, June 2010.  They are also invited to speak at SLA Europe’s Soiree in July in London.

The current Award holder is Gimena Campos Cervera, Senior Information Researcher in the U.S. Embassy to Italy, Office of Public Affairs, in Rome.  Gimena commented:  “The IP Award was a great opportunity to grow professionally and spread the word about SLA in Italy. It gave me the chance to meet many incredibly interesting people from all over the world, during the Centennial Conference in Washington D.C. and the European venues in London."

Further information and the nomination form can be downloaded from the SLA Europe website at http://www.sla-europe.org.  Please contact the SLA Europe Awards Chair on [log in to unmask], if you have any questions.

With many thanks to our generous sponsor, Dow Jones.

Penny Leach

Secretary and Awards Chair

 SLA Europe

www.sla-europe.org

Bethan Ruddock

Content Development Officer, Library and Archival Services, Mimas

http://copac .ac.uk    http:// archiveshub.ac.uk