From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Crispin Flower
Sent: 02 February 2010 12:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Revision ONB

Ah, the dangers of familiar abbreviations…

While working with the Oxfordshire HER last Friday, I popped round to Café Loco for a bite to eat. The board showed various baguette fillings, including “Houmous and med. veg.”.

When I reached the front of the queue, I was horrified to hear myself order “a baguette with houmous and medieval vegetables”.

The lady gave me a very funny look. In due course I was relieved to find the veg in my baguette were quite modern.

Crispin