Dear Zulfi,

I'll start this to see if it creates an Australian conversation for you.

I would say many of us here use spoken feedback as well as written
commentary in one to one writing conferences.  For me, it would mostly
be doing one or more of three things.  Often I will commence a f2f by
asking the student to outline his/her overall document plan, often I
will ask a student to explain orally a particular paragraph and the
point that is being made (as I cannot understand the written version)
and often as part of the paraphrasing process, I will ask them to orally
give me the writer's idea.

Of course there is also spoken interaction as part of the process of
clarifying any written commentary.

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Henderson