Posted on behalf of Stuart Moore of the Equality Challenge Unit:

 APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

Dear Colleague,

This event detailed below has been arranged by HEFCE as part of its Involving Disabled People Scheme demonstrating its commitment to the involvement of disabled people in its policy making. As there are places left for the event, HEFCE are extending the invitation to disabled people in HE or those with expertise supporting disabled people in higher education and may be interested in being involved. For more information on the scheme, please visit http://www.hefce.ac.uk/lgm/divers/involve/.

Please note the deadline for registration is 15 February 2010.

Stuart Moore

Policy Adviser

Equality Challenge Unit

What are the challenges experienced by disabled employees in accessing HE, and how can we address these?

A consultation event arranged by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)

Monday, 1 March 2010
1030-1430
The Kings Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square

London W1G 0AN

http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/how_to_find_us.html

The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) has pleasure in inviting you to a consultation event on its employer engagement and skills policy.

As the scheme is going into its second year, we would like to meet and engage with you to hear first hand your feedback on our employer engagement policy and the barriers disabled people in employment might face in accessing higher education.

Due to constraints of space, this event will be restricted to 40 participants and I would ask you to register early. If a delegate wishes to be accompanied by a personal assistant, please let us know in advance.

Should you wish to attend, please contact Hayley Sutton at [log in to unmask] for a registration form (which should be completed and submitted to Hayley by 15 February 2010)

I very much hope that you will be able to attend and look forward to seeing you there.

With best wishes,

Fariba Dashtgard

Policy Adviser, Equality and Diversity
Leadership Governance and Management

Higher Education Funding Council for England,
Northavon House, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol, BS16 1QD

tel 0117 931 7079  www.hefce.ac.uk

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.