This post will be advertised in the next issue of ARC.

Archivist (Permanent) Liverpool Record Office

Join the Liverpool City Council team and play a part in regenerating our world-famous city for all the people who live and work in it. In partnership with our communities and neighbourhoods, we’re working for a Liverpool that is caring and prosperous, clean and green, safe and socially thriving.

We are seeking a qualified archivist for this permanent position. The post will involve the acquisition, appraisal, cataloguing, preservation, promotion and exploitation of archives for the benefit of all users of Liverpool Record Office and Local Studies and Merseyside Record Office.

The service is based in Liverpool Central Library and is run in conjunction with the local studies service. There are extensive collections of archives covering 14 km of shelving. The public service is currently available 57 hours per week and attracts over 43,000 visitors a year.

There are plans for a major redevelopment of the Central Library and Record Office through a £50M PFI scheme. This post offers a unique opportunity to contribute to this important project that is due to commence in the summer of 2010. Some information on the redevelopment can be found on our website http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Leisure_and_culture/Libraries_and_archives/central_redevelopment/index.asp

The successful candidate will have initiative, a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and effective ICT skills. You will be committed to service delivery and best practice in customer care. You will be willing to work flexible hours including Saturdays on a regular basis.

You will display a commitment to equal opportunities and its implementation for the service.

All posts advertised are subject to review as a result of Job Evaluation.

Salary £19,621-23,708

Closing date 26th February

Reference COM/5228/4687

For job details go to www.liverpool.gov.uk

Tel: 0151 233 3003 or 0151 225 3257 (minicom)

Ruth Hobbins

Acting Manager, Liverpool Record Office

Central Library

William Brown Street

Liverpool L3 8EW

0151 233 5882

DISCLAIMER:

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be read, copied or used only by the intended recipient(s). If you have received it in error please contact the sender immediately by returning the e-mail or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the e-mail then and please delete the e-mail without disclosing its contents elsewhere. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of the author’s employer or service provider.

This email has been automatically scanned for viruses and malicious content by MessageLabs for your protection