This job will not be advertised on ARC so please draw it to the attention of colleagues not on listserv who may be interested.

Gloucestershire Archives has a national reputation as a centre of excellence in local authority archival practice and was recently ranked as one of the top archive services in the country by the National Archives.   We are now  seeking to appoint a qualified Archivist to a one year fixed term contract within our busy Collections Management team.

We are looking for an enthusiastic person with particular interest in and knowledge of digital preservation, to help us develop our processes for managing digital as well as traditional archives. You will also be able to broaden your experience by supporting our Access and Learning team in delivering customer services.

Please note: the start date for this post is negotiable for the successful candidate, as we want those currently studying for a post-graduate qualification in archives/records management and qualifying summer 2010 to be able to apply.

For further information please contact:
Kate Maisey on 01452 425294 or Julie Courtenay on 01452 525297
.

Apply on line at:

www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/jobs

or for an application pack please telephone:

01452 425502 (24 hour voicemail)

or email:

[log in to unmask] quoting reference number 8/CDF/10/17

Closing date for applications is 1 March 2010; we expect to hold interviews w/c 22 March 2010.

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.