There is another tale told in the Memoires de la societe archeologique
d¹Eure-et-Loir, vol. 9, by F. de Mély, called ³Les Chemises de la Vierge,²
in which the reliquary is described as being of cedar, which would speak
well to the preservation of the nightdress, and  a custom of offering to the
pregnant queen of France a copy of the nightdress and that this custom
survived until 1811.  The article is readable online through a google
search.  The author cites the custom as dating at least to the early 16th c.
It all seems highly unlikely but interesting...