I should point out that, while Patristique [http://www.patristique.org/Acta-sanctorum] is allied to Gallica, going directly to the Patristique website takes you immediately to Mansi and the AASS. [Sans the December volumes of AASS, of course ... one hopes they are in process?!?]

The texts accessible from Patristique are in wonderfully clean PdF format -- very easy to navigate, to read, and even to download.

On the other hand, the Gallica home [http://gallica.bnf.fr/], as Christopher rightly points out, takes a person on a merry chase through an over enthusiastic [over-achieving?] search function. And then only yields scans that often reproduce the poor condition of the dusty old volume from which they were made. Bad images -- without the wonderful dusty ambiance.

Elaine

Elaine M. Beretz, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Center for Visual Culture