From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records on behalf of CARLISLE, Philip
Sent: Wed 13/01/2010 15:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Narrower Terms: Context

Hi Sylvina,

Yes sorry, re-reading it, does look as if we're just letting you know rather than getting involved.

With regards to CAIRN we think the sensible option is to remove it as a broader term of BURIAL CAIRN and CLEARANCE CAIRN and move it to MONUMENT <BY FORM>.

BURIAL CAIRN would then float under FUNERARY SITE and CAIRN (in monument <by form>) and similarly CLEARANCE CAIRN would just float under AG and SUB.

So CAIRN may have been solved (let us know if you think this solution works/doesn't work etc) but we still have to look at homographing the other terms.

Any suggestions anyone?

Phil

Phil Carlisle

Data Standards Supervisor

English Heritage

National Monuments Record Centre

Kemble Drive

Swindon

SN2 2GZ

+44 (0)1793 414824

http://thesaurus.english-heritage.org.uk/

The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received the e-mail in error, please inform the sender and delete it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed to anyone else or copied without the sender's consent.

Any views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of English Heritage. English Heritage will not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

P Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to