________________________________

From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BOSKETT victoria
Sent: 16 December 2009 11:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Stock disposal

Hi list-folk!

***Apologies for cross posting***

Could anybody help me out with a query please?

Does anyone know of the legal position around the disposal of weeded
stock items? We currently make these items available in a book sale for
our users which is stated in our collection management policy.

With the absence of any current Trust led guidance on this any input
would be helpful. I will summarise responses for the list if required.

Thanking you in advance

Vicky

Victoria Boskett

Librarian

Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Health Informatics Service

Duncan Macmillan House I Porchester Road I Nottingham I NG3 6AA

Tel: 0115 952 9486 or 0115 969 1300 ext.11186

Mobile: 0781 0850905

Email: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

the system security manager ([log in to unmask]).Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily
represent those of Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, unless
otherwise specifically stated.