Hi,

Since I'm assuming you're using a fixed effects analysis at the second level
to combine runs over subjects, in the case of a single run using the first
level cope is the same as the special case of a fixed effects model with 1
observation.  So you can use first level copes for the 1 run subjects and
any difference due to one subject having more runs than another will be
reflected in smaller variances for the subjects with more runs.  Make sure
to use FSL's FLAME1 for the group analysis to account for this
appropriately.

Jeanette