From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ray Tolley
Sent: 12 November 2009 10:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] which Moodle portfolio?? - Email found in subject

Hi, Niki,

May I question your thinking?  Despite accepted institutional thinking, I
see no reason why the e-Portfolio should be embedded *IN* the VLE.  Surely,
if the learner's e-Portfolio is to be learner-owned and fully portable from
one institution to another or on to the workplace, then it should be
independent of any VLE?

Kind Regards,

Ray Tolley  FEIDCT, NAACE Fellow, MBILD
ICT Education Consultant
Maximise ICT Ltd
P:  http://raytolley.v2efolioworld.mnscu.edu/
B:  http://www.efoliointheuk.blogspot.com/
W:  http://www.maximise-ict.co.uk/eFolio-01.htm
Winner of the IMS 'Leadership Regional Award 2009'