Dear Ana,

the MEX files provided with FieldMap seem to be incompatible with your
Matlab version/Linux platform.
You can try to use these precompiled MEX files:
ftp://ftp.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/spm5_updates/SPM5_Matlab7.1_Linux_MEX.tar.gz
(overwriting the current files in your SPM distribution).
Or follow the indications on this page to compile the MEX files yourself:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Installation_on_Linux#SPM5

I hope this helps,
Guillaume.

--