Hi Daron,

The problem is that your block size is longer than the cut-off frequency for
your high-pass filter (128 s).

This would be a problem in both SPM2 and SPM8, so you must have done
something different in the SPM2 analysis.

As an aside - the high-pass filter is included to remove low frequency
drifts in signal due to scanner instabilities, so long block sizes are
generally not recommended in fMRI studies as a rule.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

2009/11/5 Daron Owen <[log in to unmask]>

> Hello,
>
> I'm moving from SPM2 to SPM8, and trying to reproduce results to make sure
> everything is working properly.
>
> The data set I'm testing is analysed with a simple block design, and I'm
> seeing no activation with SPM8 where I was seeing plenty with SPM2.
>
> The only thing that seems to be different is what is happening to the
> design matrix after model estimation (Classical) in SPM8.  The attached
> images show the design matrix before and after model estimation.  I have the
> same problem in both Windows and Linux versions of SPM8.
>
> If anyone has an idea what might be causing this and how to correct it,
> your help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daron
>
> --