On Saturday, October 31, 2009, at 5:12 pm, I wrote:

> 2)  Quintinus of Vermand (d. late 3d cent., supposedly).
>
> Other accounts relate the miraculous recovery and burial of Q.'s still
> fleshy head and body, the translation of Q.'s remains over a century
> later to a basilica where their location was in time been forgotten,...

Er, where their location was in time was forgotten,...  In compensation for this editing error (brought over from last year's post), herewith a page of expandable views of manuscript illuminations of Q.  Most of these are from a late eleventh- or early twelfth-century manuscript identified by the French Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication as a Vita et Miracula of Q. (Saint-Quentin, Bibliothèque municipale, ms. Église Saint-Quentin 1; I would have thought Passio rather than Vita) and are not to be missed:
http://tinyurl.com/ykub8hd

Best again,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]