Rosemary

I forgot to mention that in the late medieval period scenes of the
Purification were mostly accompanied by a procession of folk  bearing candles.
Curiously enough I have recently been scanning an image of  this in the 12thC
glass in the central west fašade window at Chartres, devoted  to the Childhood
and Life of Christ.

Gordon

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]