Right. That's the text I'm looking at. I'm wondering what "the places of
just dispensation" is?  If it were singular, I'd have thought it meant
Jerusalem, bu its not.  There's a theological vocabulary here that I'm not
versed in, and wondered what it meant.  Any thoughts? (this may be very
simple; but I don't know the answer)
cecilia

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Tom Izbicki <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Cecilia,
>
> It's liturgical, from a Benedictio pro iter agentibu:
>
> Patrologia latina Vol. 78
>
> Gregorius I:
>
> ALIUD BENEDICTIONUM EPISCOPALIUM SUPPLEMENTUM. (C)* 84Kb
>
> ...Iter vestrum inspiciat, subsequens praecedat, gressus dirigat, et ad
> justae dispensationis loca sine offensione perducat. Amen. Quatenus ejus
> gloriam in saeculi...
>
> I am unsure whether Gregory is the actual author.
>
> Tom Izbicki
>

> > medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
> >
> > Doctissimi,
> >
> > At 10th century prayer (in honor of those "about to journey" but not
> > explicitly about pilgrimage) talks of the "iustae dispensationis loca".
> > May
> > God lead them to the "iustae dispensationis loca".  How would you all
> > interpret this phrase?
> >
> > tx,
> > cecilia

> > To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME
> > to: [log in to unmask]
> > To send a message to the list, address it to:
> > To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion
> > to: [log in to unmask]
> > In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
> > For further information, visit our web site:
> > http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]