On Behalf of: TAG-2009 R.K. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Please distribute widely:

Theoretical Archaeology Group (TAG-US) 2010
The Location of Theory

Friday, April 30th to Sunday, May 2nd, 2010
Brown University, Providence, RI
http://proteus.brown.edu/tag2010

Call for Papers

We invite the submission of papers for 'The Location of Theory', the third annual meeting of the Theoretical Archaeological Group in North America, to be held April 30-May 2, 2010 at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island.

While our choice of topic - 'The Location of Theory' - offers many interpretive angles and possibilities for discussion, TAG-US 2010 welcomes sessions on any theoretical subject or controversy. Session organizers will be responsible for selecting speakers, discussants, and organizing abstracts. While various format options are possible and at the discretion of the organizer, we strongly encourage the development of workshops, roundtables, or other innovative styles of engagement that can facilitate discussion and interaction perhaps more effectively than traditional 'stand-and-deliver' (individual papers followed by Q&A) sessions.  Sessions are planned to occupy no more than a half day (3 hours).

The closing deadline for abstracts and other forms of participation is 15 February 2010.

We request the following for each submitted proposal:
1. The name(s) and up-to-date contact information for the organizer(s)
2. The title and proposed length of the paper
3. A description (500 words maximum) of the session's theme and scope, and of its proposed format (round table, workshop, panel, debate, book discussion, media presentation, etc.)
4. A list of definite (or possible) participants in the session with (where appropriate) titles and abstracts (250 words maximum)

Please submit this as a single electronic pdf document to: [log in to unmask]

For a list of sessions that have been proposed, please visit the Session Proposals page on the TAG-US 2010 website.  The deadline for individual papers or other forms of participation (to be submitted directly to specific session organisers) is February 15th, 2010 (please see the Call for Papers page on the website for details).

For more information please consult the TAG-US 2010 website at: http://proteus.brown.edu/tag2010.

----
Theoretical Archaeology Group (TAG) 2010
Brown University | Box 1837 | 60 George Street | Providence, RI  02912
t: (401) 863-3188 | f: (401) 863-9423 | e: [log in to unmask]
http://proteus.brown.edu/tag2010